Tuesday, January 18, 2011

8th Wedding aniversary













On the 21/12/10, it was our 8th wedding anniversary. Hubby told me days before ...that he had booked a table for us and the kids at Grand Hyatt's Straits Kitchen for dinner buffet....my jaws dropped when i heard that. It's been in my "wish list" for so many years now and finally i got to try it. He also surprised me BIG TIME when he gave me $100 Sephora vouchers...he said that this time i can really shop in Sephora store instead just walking around and walked out empty handed everytime.
I felt really bad that i didn't buy anything for him. I didn't even buy a new dress/outfit to look nice for our dinner that time because i had spent most of my money on necessities for KL trip. Just dressed plainly because i was a bit under the weather ..or maybe just tired from the trip. I will remember to put more effort and thought for his gift this May as a compensation(kindda had an idea already)
Ok, back to the interesting topic which is the FOOD! Well, what can i say....it was luxuriously buffet spread of local food like Malay, Chinese, Indian and Nyonya food. I was hoping to see cheesecake and sushi.....but Nope....they really strict and abide on the local concept rule.
In the Chinese section, the Black Pepper Crab is a must try...the crabs were fairly big and loaded with juicy tender meat enveloped with thick black pepper gravy. I also loved the Popiah (fresh spring roll)...and i think it was the best i've ever tried actually....also loved the briyani rice which not greasy at all but flavourful, also tried Ayam buah keluak for the first time and it was good..to sum it all (before my saliva dropped on my keyboard), i would like to say that most of the food were super nice and i wished i came with a bigger tummytank to try all of them.
We did not take a lot of pictures of the food because the lighthing were dim and we just wanted to enjoy the moment without worry about too much stuff...anyway we had a wonderful day and will keep on going to find ways to make the happiness in our marriage last. It can get a little difficult sometimes...that's why it needs love, patience, communication, compromise, sacrifice and doa.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com