Saturday, October 18, 2008

Can i be a tailor?

Last saturday, i attended a sewing class for baju kurung pesak with Ain's Pte Ltd. It suits a beginner or a greenhorn like me. I've paid a total $220 for 8 sessions of 3 hours. It was a small class of 5 students which i prefer so that i can get attention from the teacher if needed. The room was air-conditioned so i feel really comfortable especially after my long journey from woodlands. The lady who teaches , Kak Normah..ooh she's very nice and soft-spoken. I've made some friends especially the girl sat beside me. Well, we giggled all the way when the kak normah taught us how to get measurements from our body.

From this session i learn how to get measurements and do some math calculations, draw the sewing pattern on the brown paper and how to use a carbon paper and the roller.
Next week, kak normah asked we all to bring our own 4-meter 'kain' or fabric and she will show us how to cut the pattern on the fabric.
I really can't wait for the next session to come...i finally get to do something which i really like apart my daily job (cleaning, washing, ironing, look after the children, nurturing them and etc..etc.).

Then I asked myself the very same question..Can i be a tailor?

One thing for sure...to be a tailor, you need a lot of spaces to do your work and do not mind the mess in your house. Well i'm too vain ...don't know whether i can bear with that..he.he

But sometimes you can never know.

What i know right now, i hope with this skill my intention is that i able to make baju kurung pesak for my daughter for hari raya next year.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com