Friday, January 9, 2009

First week of school :(





The girl on the extreme right is Shahirah.

These pictures are not what they seems to be as if they are happy to be in school. I will confess everthing in my story below....




Right now I am feeling down and tense due to Aliah’s crying hysterically which getting louder and louder each day when going to school.

Let me recall from the 1st day of school till today.

Ist day (Orientation)

They were excited to wear their brand new uniform and shoes.
In the orientation, the parents were allowed to enter with their kid and listened to the teacher talking about the rules and expectation.

Most of them are basic rules like:
Parents or representatives required sending and fetching their children punctually
Refrain from bringing the child to school if he/she is ill
Parents are not allowed to loiter around the center during school hours (like I have nothing better to do)
No jewellery to school

The orientation was a bit disappointing because it was less than ½ hour. I wish they can tell us more about their activities or what can we expect from the program

2nd day (Tuesday)

It was the day to put their bravery to test. At 10am sharp, I ushered Aliah to the door of the classroom while DH was with Aniq. At first, they totally had no idea of what’s going on. Then Aliah and most of the kids were terrified when the teacher closed the door. Even though, Aliah’s cries was not as loud as other kids, but it was enough to make my heart bleed.
At 12pm, when DH and I were about to fetch them home, the teacher commented that they didn’t know that my kids were twin until they noticed their names because Aniq did not show any emotion or care when Aliah cried. But I think maybe he’s looking out for himself because he might be feeling scared himself.

3rd day (Wednesday)

DH was back to work so I had to do most of the work today. Bathed them, gave them breakfast and milk, dressed them, combed the hair, tied Aliah’s hair neatly, prepared their water bottles, put on their school shoes.
At 10am, Aliah started crying softly and kept pulling my arm as if she wanted me to sit in for the class with her. Aniq didn’t show any sign of anxiety, terrifed or happy. I can’t read his expression at all! The teacher told me that Aniq is okay and ready to play.
At 12pm, when I fetched them from class, Aliah was running towards me crying quite loudly. I asked the teacher whether she’s been crying the whole time but she said no. She only cried when the class about to start and about to end.

4th day (Thursday)

Dh was on leave today so he got to see for himself what’s going on. This time it was even worse because Aniq cried as well. I guess he can’t bottle up his feeling anymore so he finally let it go.

5th day (Friday)

I was feeling nervous myself after what the kids put me through. Most of the kids already simmered down and no longer cried while my kids were getting louder. I felt I was center of attention as eyes all on me everytime they cried so loudly.
But Aliah really made me angry today. When the teacher opened the door and I saw she was holding Aliah’s hand. But what made me really angry was when Aliah cried at the top of her lungs and could not control herself.
I refused to hold her hands when she came running towards me. In fact I kept praising Aniq for behaving good and calm. I wanted her to know that I’m angry at her and her non stop crying action.
Next Monday, I thought I wanted to be a little strict with her until she can behave well so let juz see how it goes. I know her well…the more I’m soft with her, the more she thought she can have her ways.



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

owh..thats so sad..must be hard for u kak..

 
template by suckmylolly.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com