Monday, September 1, 2008

Ist day Berbuka

My mum called me up at 4.30am to wake me up for sahur. Actually i got up 10mins earlier before she called to perform solat Tahajjud. Thanks mum for your initiative!! She also invited me and my family to break fast at her place and i knew she will be cooking Lontong and Ayam masak merah. It's like tradition to cook them on the first day in the family. So..definitely count on it that i will be there...!!

I made Tahu Sumbat as 'buah tangan' for my mother. I must have Tahu Sumbat at least once in Ramadhan....it's like craving but only in Ramadhan...Weird huh...
I just learnt how to make it early this year so this is the time to 'tayang my culinary skill'.
i estimated the amount of sugar and vinegar in the sauce and pray that sauce is evenly seasoned as i can't taste it. And a tablespoon of sesame seeds to beautify it..!

I remembered that when i was pregnant with the twins, i craved for Tahu sumbat so badly.....that my mum bought $3.00 worth of tahu and made it so fast and sent it to me ASAP. I happily feasted on them and made a sound like mmmm....mmmm . It's a sound that i always make when i get to eat something that i craved during the whole pregnancy. Really missed that magical moments!!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com