Saturday, May 9, 2009

10 years after the first date with hubby

On Labour Day, we brought the kids to watch Wolverine at Lido and had lunch at Burger King. The very same Burger King outlet and the very same Lido that i had my first date with Dh.
Let me write my story with this wonderful guy whom i call my hubby. ...
He and i were colleagues at Toshiba Data Dynamics in 1998. He's the technician and i were the receptionist. I remembered feeling comfortable everytime i talked to him...we laughed most of the time. i even talked about my boyfriend(before the break-up) and he just listened. We talked about Hindi movies most of the time...and we found similarities in our fate.(shall not elaborate on that).

Then one day, the news of my break-up with my ex was spread and someone encouraged Dh to strike while the iron is hot. Then around a month or two later(the iron is not that hot anymore..lol), he finally picked up courage and asked me out on Labour Day 1999.Truth to be told...i am the first he ever asked a girl out.No wonder he sounded stiff and weird. Actually i didnt know back then it was a date ...We watched movie The matrix at Lido and had dinner at Burger King. We really had a long talk at dinner and he get to know me a little better. Me now is different than me back then in the 90's. I remembered feeling angry most of the time(my clothes were mostly black, imagine that!), neglected and hate to be at home. I made sure that he knew the real me ...the good and the bad....
On 08/06/99, we were officially boyfriend and girlfriend.

After few months dating, he told me his intention of marrying me. I gradually became a better person and found peace and joy in life, knowing that i will be a wife and a mother one day. I am also thankful for my guru ngaji for her advise and she's the person who encourage me to wear tudung. And i'm glad to wear it kerana Allah. Even my mum noticed the drastic change in me.

So i believe that he's the man that Allah arranged for me and i'm grateful for that.
He's been a responsible and loving husband and a good father.Alhamdullilah.

He told me that he will continue to ask me out on Labour day to watch movie and dine at Burger King in 10 years , 20 years , 30 yrs and many more to come.
Insyaallah....

4 comments:

wahida said...

and.. ur love story is so sweet.. HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!

Aniqaliah said...

Thanks!
My email is jali1974@gmail.com
Thanks for the thoughts of inviting me to your blog.

wahida said...

ur wlcm.. thks for e email.. (:

wahida said...

alrite, done.. do accept e invitation.. hehs.. (:

 
template by suckmylolly.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com