Sunday, August 3, 2008

Geylang Serai

Waiting for azan face to break fast...he was having a light headache cause of dehydration, maybe?

Aliah can't stay still for the camera so i have to hold her head to get her to focus. Is it a torture to take picture with me huh Aliah? :P
I took this picture using my Hp just outside Joo Chiat Shopping Complex. I got problem holding the phone steady.. that's why it's quite blurry.
Juz another blurry picture..



I was so excited about going to Geylang Serai especially the shopping part...what else?
We must look for Aliah and my baju kurung in gold colour. That is my family theme colour for this upcoming Hari Raya .......don't care about "langsir bergerak' comment. What matters we're happy to wear it.

We went to so many shops in bazaar, perkampungan Melayu and Joo Chiat Complex but to no avail. When we were about to enter Tanjong Katong Complex, i said a prayer for me to find the perfect baju kurung for me and Aliah.

And Alhamdullilah (Thank you Allah), my prayer was answered. (So pls don't underestimate the power of Dua').....so at last, we saw the matching colour and preferred designed baju kurung at Saigon boutique. It's not complicated and not so much 'labuci', juz the way i like it. And the best part is they have the same design for the little ones. We tried size 2 for aliah and it was prefect!!

Altogether it was $158 which my hubby happily paid for. Mine cost $110 and Aliah $48. We also bought fairy lights (Lampu lap lep) as a part of Hari Raya decorations for the home. For the last 3 years, my home was naked and gloomy without one on Hari Raya.

I wanted to devour on Kebab for break fast but hubby wanted to eat rice so i gave in because he got sensitve tummy to please. Maybe next time, then.

After dinner, we performed our solat at surau in Perkampungan Melayu. I had no problem bringing Aliah with me. She will sit down obediantly guarding my bag while i solat...she's a darling Phew..!! Not the same case for hubby, he had a little problem getting Aniq to behave well and keeping still.Hhmmm...

We left Geylang Serai at 10.30pm, feeling satisfied for all the things we bought for Hari Raya. Aniq and Aliah were so sleepy and tired that they dozed off in the train on our way home.

It was fun, alright!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com