Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Importance of Reading to Children


When my kids were still babies, i have read somewhere in the paper about this 4 yrs old preschooler who able to read simple words and i was amazed by that fact.
I was asking myself, "4 yrs old knows how to read..REALLY??!!" So i always bring the kids to the library and even bought them book hoping that they will love to read like their mummy...not like their daddy who don't love to read.hahaha....well, it's never too soon to start our children on the path to reading
I told Dh about the importance of reading skill development for our children and he supported me by converting his free time at home just to guide them reading simple words from Peter and Jane books...(this is what i love about him...that he don't just give me verbal commitment but in action...way to go DADDY!) and when the kids about 4yrs 3 months old...THEY CAN READ all the words from their Peter and Jane books..
Now we have proceeded to level 2A and 2B of Peter and Jane books. And they can read at least 80% of that books. Thanks to Dh's colleagues who recommended us these books ...so i'm really proud of them to be able to read at this young age. And i can see their love for reading without me pushing them towards it. Sometimes they will asked me about unrecognised words in the newspaper or in my scattered magazine, just to know how it pronounce. I guess if we really put something on our mind, insyaallah we can do it...nothing is impossible or at least try, try and try..

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com