Sunday, September 27, 2009

Raya at my Crib 2009

















I slept in at 4am the day making Kek kukus. I always serve my Hari Raya guests my cakes...usually it will be butter cake or brownie or marble cake but this time i tried Kek kukus for the first time and i personally think that it was a success....Only 1 problem...i don't have a nice pretty container with a lid to contain my kukus so that it won't dried out like on that day...the kek kukus must always be covered in order to keep it moist ...in my opinion...
That morning, i was supposed to wake up at 8am but i was overslept and woke up at 9am...Yiisshhh!!!
And i immediately started cooking and kedebak kedebuk....i was done by 12.30pm....Poor hubby...he didn't get to eat it before he went to work but he already had his heavy breakfast so he don't mind not to get to eat it first....but he told me to save it a little for him when he get back from work....
After feeding the kids lunch, i told them to get a nap first before Nyai come and they agreed to do so....so while they asleep and i get to rest my feet because i know they have to do lots of walking when my family reached here...hahaha
They reached here at 5pm and i told the first batch who got here first to eat first since there are only limited seating at Dining area....
But anyway, luckily my tomato rice was cooked just at the right amount so nobody get to eat the plain rice that i prepared just in case the tomato rice ran out...so i guess the plain rice that i already cooked will be refrigerated to be cooked as Nasi Goreng for tomorrow.
We had fun taking pics together, making hilarious faces...even though i was busy most of the time and was sweating a lot because it was a hot day that day...Oh boy..! I should get another fan for my living hall...
And they went back at 8-9pm, i think....not sure where they headed after this
So i'm sorry if i did not be able to give full attention as a host to anybody that day because i was bz....what to do...a one man show mah....


0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com